Sometimes you just have to put down the camera for a bit & let your creative juices flow in another direction. So I was able to pick up an old 1965 Ducati in pretty rough shape & I’ve been working in my spare time to turn it into a cafe racer, or well, maybe an art project! It won’t be super fast but I might look super cool riding it to Starbucks! Here’s a photo essay from where I started to the point where I am now:
This is how I found it in an old barn packed with motorcycles
Back in our garage, in the design stage
Took off the
Trying to figure out the wiring
My way of organizing the wiring harness
I bought new rims and had them powder coated
Now to design the seat. Won’t be so much for comfort but more for the “cool” factor. Layered wood with aluminum and eventually will have a small leather cushion to save my butt!
Learning all kinds of new things: respoking the wheels
I cut parts off the frame to make for a more sleek appearance, replaced the shocks with a mono shock and had the frame powder coated.
I bought a custom made tank and polished it.
Well, one casualty; When using the angle grinder to cut off a piece to hold the battery, the blade snapped & flew up in my face. I was lucky. Just 15 stitches at Urgent Care and it didn’t hit my throat or eyes. Lesson learned: USE SAFETY EQUIPMENT!
Almost there! Just a few more things & I’ll have it ready to ride to Starbucks!